Regularly Scheduled Meetings
Childhood Obesity Action Network – 2nd Monday of every month, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Durant Center, 1605 Cameron Street (Summer break: July & August)
Community Meetings & Events
- Breastfeeding Promotion Committee Meeting - Please join the committee for an inaugural kick-off event on February 23 at 11am at St. Elmo's Coffee Pub in Del Ray!
- Would you like to learn about local food systems while helping provide local and fresh food to low-income community members? Volunteer with Alexandria Old Town Farmers’ Market as our EBT Coordinator! For more information, click here.
- HOPE Campaign: Volunteers are needed for the “Art Uniting People,” exhibition and celebration which will be held at three sites this year opening May 17 at Convergence, 1801 North Quaker Lane. Volunteers are needed to distribute information, recruit eligible artists, put up and take down exhibits and help at receptions. If interested, email HopeInAlexandria@gmail.com
- Alexandria Mentoring Partnership Seeks Mentors! Help a child stay on the right track by becoming a mentor. Mentoring helps improve graduation rates, enhance self-esteem, and change behavior. Mentoring also decreases crime and gang involvement, substance abuse, and teen pregnancy.Visit alexandriava.gov/Mentoring for more information.
- Do you like working with children? Do you have experience and/or an interest in teaching yoga? Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that gets you moving and promotes healthy habits for kids? If you’re interested in teaching yoga to children, YoKid is the program for you!
- Do you have nutrition or cooking skills? Are you interested in sharing them? We are working with organizations in the community to set up healthy eating classes.
If you're interested in volunteering or getting more involved, contact: Katie.Leonard at email@example.com