Project Play is part of the Alexandria Childhood Obesity Action Network (ACOAN), working to improve play opportunities for children in the City of Alexandria, Virginia. We are your neighbors, early childhood and healthy living activists, folks from the Parks and Recreation and Health Departments, and other City offices and organizations who want to improve and enhance play spaces for kids in Alexandria.
We work to improve play opportunities for children in Alexandria by:
- promoting higher quality play spaces throughout the City,
- advocating for fairer distribution of play spaces across Alexandria,
- providing easy-to find information about play spaces
- generating interest in play and offering ideas for play
Alexandria Play Space Website
Project Play has launched its interactive website to help Alexandria residents find opportunities to play throughout the city. Check out AlexandriaPlays.org to find a play space near you!
Play Space Assessment
Did you know that Alexandria is the first city in the country to conduct a Play space Assessment?
Alexandria Play Policy
The Alexandria City Council adopted a Play Policy thanks to the advocacy and hard work of the Project Play team, and based in large part on the play space assessment we commissioned. Read it here. Now our City departments have official guidelines when they make important decisions about play spaces for kids all over Alexandria.
Interested in getting more involved?
- JOIN Project Play. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in getting involved.
- TAKE PICTURES and show us where you play! Take pictures of playgrounds in your neighborhood and post them to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #AlexandriaPlays.
- CHECK OUT AlexandriaPlays.org to find an Alexandria Play Space near you!